Don’t sit on concrete, cover your kidneys, eat with a spoon, use lard and liquor if you’re sick, blame the wind if you’re grumpy, and buy olive oil in recycled Coke bottles, are just a few. Read on to discover more rules, habits and superstitions Croatians take very seriously.
If you are vegetarian, then read our post about how a Croatian breakfast also won't work for you!
Head over to my Croatian fanny pack post to learn more about this cute habit.
The person on the receiving end waits for the bus and accepts the package. We’ve had lamb sent to us for special occasions using this method, plenty of times - it's like magic! I could never imagine doing the same thing back in Canada...
Head over to my Croatian weddings post to see why they're better than the rest!
In short, Croatians are very concerned about body warmth, wind, air & meals, and if you don’t adhere to the following beliefs, you could seriously be putting your health at risk!
If you want to read some more on Croatian culture, follow this link to another recent article I wrote about Croatian Culture, Etiquette & Social Norms!
Royal Croatian Tours - Specializing in custom made, luxury trips throughout Croatia. We offer exclusive experiences all over the country, and we’re passionate about providing you exceptional service that goes above and beyond for your tailor made vacation!
Send us an email or give us a call to start planning today!
If you’re interested in reading a few of our other posts about Croatia:
- My Kids Don't Speak English: Raising Bilinguals is Tough!
- 15 Places in Croatia You've Probably Never Heard Of!
- 50 Insanely Spectacular Photos of Croatia: Start Packing!
- Croatia’s Best 20 Beaches: Sandy, Pebbly & Hidden Gems
- Is Croatia Safe? Read Our 20 Useful Safety Tips for Tourists
- 5 Reasons Croatian Grannies are Cuter than Kittens
- 8 Reasons You Should Never Swim in the Adriatic
- Top 10 Day Trips From Zagreb, Within 1hr Drive
- Croatian Money: KN or EURO, Exchanging $, and Daily Costs
- How I Learned to Speak Croatian as an Adult (in 7 Steps)
- Driving in Croatia (A Helpful Guide With Practical Tips)
- 38 Local Tips & Mistakes to Avoid When Traveling to Croatia
- Travel to Croatia With a Toddler or Baby (From Experience!)
- Tipping in Croatia: A Complete Guide With Suggested Amounts!
- Zagreb's Top Things to See & Do (With Costs & Working Hours)