*I've now updated the list and added 7 more, so don’t leave Croatia without trying all twelve!
They’re perfectly bite sized as well, which makes it easy to keep having just “one-more.” Watch out, you’ll polish off a kilo of these cookies after 30 minutes in the car.
These are made by the same famous Croatian company that makes the wafers, Kras. They've been around forever and have perfected their sweet treats!
They’re small and individually wrapped, so pick one up and give it a try. You’ll either love it, or throw up in your mouth a little bit - there’s not really an in-between. Let me know which category you fall into :) World of Snacks describes Bananko in detail if you want to read more!
6. Vic Crackers
7. Petit Keks
8. Jaffa Keks
Personally, I’m not a fan because I don’t love the orange-chocolate mix, but pretty much everyone I know loves them.
9. Čipi Čips
There are ruffles, though! So if you’re a fan of chip dip, you’re in luck with the proper chip shape (but you won’t actually find any pre-made dip, so you’ll have to home-make that).
10. Rum plocice
11. Motto Keks
These cookies go very nicely with tea and coffee, because the chocolate layer (with top quality, semi-sweet chocolate) on top of the cookie melts when you dip it, along with the biscuit, and you might find yourself polishing off an entire box without even realizing it.
Let me know how it goes and what your favourite was! Were you addicted to the wafers and finish a whole kilo-brick of them in one sitting? Thoughts on Bananko, Jaffa, Rum Kocke?
Happy snacking & travels,
If you're interested in reading more about Croatia, check out our other recent blog posts!
- 38 Local Tips & Mistakes to Avoid When Traveling to Croatia
- Travel to Croatia With a Toddler or Baby (From Experience!)
- Tipping in Croatia: a Complete Guide With Suggested Amounts!
- Croatia Travel Itinerary for 5, 7 & 10 Days
- How I Learned to Speak Croatian as an Adult (in 7 Steps)
- Driving in Croatia (a Helpful Guide With Practical Tips)
- Zagreb’s Flea Market, Hrelic: a Helpful Guide
- Croatian Money: KN or EURO, Exchanging $, and Daily Costs
- 8 Reasons You Should Never Swim in the Adriatic
- Top 10 Day Trips From Zagreb, Within 1hr Drive
- 5 Reasons Croatian Grannies are Cuter than Kittens
- 9 Reasons You Should NEVER Use a Travel Agent
- Our Insider’s Guide to Wineries & Wine Tasting Near Zagreb
- Direct Flights to Croatia From North America (& Asia) in 2020
- Is Croatia Safe? Read Our 20 Useful Safety Tips for Tourists
- Croatian Culture, Etiquette & Social Norms: A Complete Guide!
- A Guide to Zagreb’s Best Craft Beer: The Top 6 Breweries